Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Zoo Trip

Over Christmas break we all had cabin fever after all the snow days and sickness that we NEEDED a day out. We had Troy's work party in Omaha and so we thought it would be fun to head to the Henry Doorly Zoo. For as cold and snowy as it was, there were quite a few people out to see the animals- I guess they were going stir crazy just like we were.



We are so privileged to have such a fantastic zoo so close to us. We had a great time seeing all of the animals and it felt great to get out of the house.


Mr. Peacock


KarmaChameleon-


The Lied Jungle

the monkeys were just howling up a storm it was so funny!






The Aquarium- regretably I could not get a good picture of the huge sharks and turtles swimming over our heads


I was fascinated by the jellyfish, since I just had watched the movie Seven Pounds


One of my favorite spots at the zoo- I could watch them for hours




The Desert Dome

Mr. Meerkat


Albino Crocodile


Gorilla Valley & Orangutan Forest

Most of the displays were littered with boxes, paper towel and fabric- it looked eerily familiar to my house Christmas afternoon

There was the cutest 6 month old baby gorilla

Wish I could have got a better picture of his adorable face


It was definitely worth braving the cold weather to watch something besides the television- to see colorful animals after seeing snowdrift after dreary snowdrift and to move around the zoo after being caged up at home for several days on end.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Those are some awesome pictures! Very vivid colors! What kind of camera are you using? It takes wonderful photos!

Amber M. said...

The photos are so cool!! Made me miss "our" great zoo...

MamaBug said...

LOVE the Henry Doorly. I can't wait to go again some day.